|[Image description: graphic of an easel saying: "Hey! Risen wants you! Calling all: artists, writers, photographers, creatives"]|
Art by: Lizzie Suarez
It's that time of year again - we're looking for new members to join our team! If you think that you've got what it takes to become one of us, please send the following over to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 17th of November:
- your name, age, pronouns and location (e.g. country/state)
- the position you are applying for (e.g. photographer/writer/artist/film-maker)
- a sample of your work (e.g. a short portfolio of essays/ images/ films - ideally 3-4 examples)
- a short blurb (200-300 words) alongside at least one of these pieces, detailing the issues that inspire you/ what motivates you to create
- an honest (!) description of your work ethic (200-300 words)
- a short piece about an issue you are passionate about (300-400 words) - here's some examples:
- Black Lives Matter
- whitewashing in the media
- pink/rainbow capitalism
- body positivity (or lack thereof) in mainstream media
- gun control in the USA
Phew! We know it's a lot, but we like to make sure that our applicants are dedicated.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.