[Source / ‘Gentle REMINDER: Take care of yourself today’]
By Lily Puddefoot, Emily Bourne, Frances and Tatum.
For this Risen post, we’ve made a list of reasons that your life is worth living. We’ve got a ‘reasons to stay alive’ zine for you to print, a list of self-care tips a ‘take what you need’ poster.
REASONS TO STAY ALIVE:
Above is the zine you can download, print and make for yourself, friends, family or anyone you know who would be thankful for it. I’ll also list some of the reasons below (there’s too many to include all):
- All those beautiful sunsets: trust me, this is what gets me through each day!
- So many cuddles with current pets and all those beautiful animals you can see in the future
- Stargazing! When I’m feeling low, especially sad about losing a loved one, I tell myself that we could both be staring at the stars and reminds me of them.
- You can look back in five, ten, twenty years’ time and be proud you stayed alive
- Lying on the grass making shapes out of the clouds
- In the future to decorate my own house with cacti, fairy lights and fluffy blankets. When I’m having a bad day, I always like to relax and scroll through Pinterest imagining what my dream house would look like!
- Laughing until you cry and your belly aches
- You have the chance to save somebody’s life
- Because the world can be beautiful, and you are a part of it for a reason
- Because you deserve to celebrate another birthday
Take what you need:
[image description: a ‘take what you need poster’, with the options ‘day of self care’, ‘forgive yourself’, have a lazy day’, ‘do something you love’ and ‘eat whatever you want’]
Find other ‘self-care’ posts available on Risen here.
- Samaritans 116 123 OR e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childline (for anyone under 18 with any problem): 08001111
- Mind infoline (mental health information): 0300 123 3393 e-mail: email@example.com
- b-eat eating disorder support: 0845 634 14 14 (only open Mon-Fri 10.30am-8.30pm and Saturday 1pm-4.30pm) e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- b-eat youthline (for under 25’s with eating disorders): 08456347650 (open Mon-Fri 4.30pm - 8.30pm, Saturday 1pm-4.30pm)
wrote the self-care tips: Tatum: InstagramIllustrated the self care tips: Frances: Instagram