Readers, we feel like it's been a while since we've been able to talk to you directly and give you a frank update of what's been going on at Risen...
1. THE FUTURE
2. NEW TEAM MEMBERS
It's that time of year again - we're looking for new members to join our team! If you think that you've got what it takes to become one of us, please send the following over to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 10th of September:
- your name, age, pronouns and location (e.g. country/state)
- the position you are applying for (e.g. photographer/writer/artist/film-maker)
- a sample of your work (e.g. a short portfolio of essays/ images/ films - ideally 3-4 examples)
- a short blurb (200-300 words) alongside at least one of these pieces, detailing the issues that inspire you/ what motivates you to create
- an honest (!) description of your work ethic (200-300 words)
- your opinion on one of the following issues (300-400 words)
- Black Lives Matter
- whitewashing in the media
- the legalisation of cannabis
- pink/rainbow capitalism
- the validity of the bisexual identity
- the fact that over 94% of British journalists are white
- body positivity (or lack thereof) in mainstream media
- gun control in the USA
- the Grenfell tower enquiry
Phew! We know it's a lot, but we like to make sure that our applicants are dedicated.
3. READER SUBMISSIONS
As always, we love hearing from you! Send your work to email@example.com for a chance to be featured (more details here). Please do send us your Queeries, too, to us on Tumblr for a chance to have them answered in our next edition of the series.
Until next time,
Cia & Amelia