Scans of my sketchbook, featuring observational illustrations of my mum.
- Continuous line pen drawing of my mum asleep. The words “mum after a night shift cont. line” are seen on the bottom left hand side of the page. And “Nocturnal. 12:47pm” can be read on the right hand side of the page, next to a line drawing of a clock.
- Coloured pencil drawing of my mum on the train in blue and black. She is facing towards the left, with sketches of other passengers behind her. “27 stops” is written at the bottom of the page.
- Coloured pencil drawing of my mum in red. She is holding a plate and a fork in her hand and looking at me.
- Brown and pink oil pastel drawing of my mum sleeping on the couch; she is wrapped within her blanket, which resembles a wave. The words “sea of sleep” can be read on the top left of the image, next to a drawing of a clock.
- Three 1 minute continuous line drawings of my mum one morning. The first one is of her sleeping with her hands behind her head in olive green coloured pencil, the second is a blue line drawing of her combing her hair, and the third is her brushing her teeth in red coloured pencil. The words “mum’s routine” can be seen at the top of the page.
- Black brush pen drawing of my mum laying in bed, reading her bible. Her desk can be seen behind her head, featuring a landline, a stress ball, a framed photo of her and my dad, a book and her phone plugged in on the wall. The words “prayers before bed” can be read at the bottom of the page.
- Two Images on a double page. One is a continuous line drawing of my mum looking down, holding a nail polish brush. Some water was added to the face and arms, causing the ink to bleed and creating a grey-blue wash of colour. Her nails are red. The second image is of my mum’s red painted toenails, with one hand holding a bottle of red nail polish. The image is in the same style as the first one.
- Watercolour pencil drawing of a black pot with large green leaves coming out of it. There are purple, red orange and yellow flowers. My mum is wearing purple gloves, holding the pot. Her face is painted in green and can be seen on the right hand side of the page.
- Warm orange and yellow oil pastel drawing of my mum’s zoomed in face. The tonal drawing is focused on her eyes and nose. She is asleep.